After water, tea is one of the most popular drinks in the world. As you know, there are several kinds but the two most popular are definitely green tea and black tea. Black tea is British – it is grown in India – while green tea comes from China and Japan. Indeed, the Chinese and the Japanese have used green tea as a medicinal plant for thousands of years. In the West, it is consumed more and more, which has become popular especially as part of a slimming diet. So, is green tea a fat burner? This is what we will see in this article.
Does tea help us lose weight?
If you’ve done some research on different ways to lose weight effectively before summer, you’ve probably come across two tips: cabbage soup as a fat burner and green tea.
The consumption of green tea promotes hydration and therefore the elimination of toxins through the urine. In addition, just like konjac, it is often consumed for its effective appetite suppressant properties. But there are other weight loss benefits in fat-burner green tea. This, in particular thanks to two of its components: catechin and caffeine.
You will find catechin also under the name epigallocatechin gallate. As for caffeine, most of the time we are talking about theine, but tea does contain caffeine in its composition, the same which is contained in coffee. This is why we also attribute slimming virtues to green coffee slimming. This is what this NCBI article proves and explains its use in dietary supplements like Brulafine or Keto Bodytone.
Catechin and caffeine have metabolism accelerating properties. Simply put, green tea helps you burn calories faster and in greater amounts. According to some studies, its regular consumption increases calorie expenditure by 5 to 8%. Hence the term fat burner green tea.
This is shown by this study which analyzes the impact of green tea on weight loss thanks to its caffeine and catechin composition .
Other studies diverge, however. Indeed, green tea could have an impact on weight loss but the results are inconclusive and do not allow this to be accurately stated .
To summarize, we note that green tea fat burner could act on 3 aspects:
- Appetite suppressant: you avoid snacking and reduce your portions and therefore your calorie intake
- Depurative: it helps you eliminate excess water and therefore toxins
- Metabolism booster: your body consumes more calories
Be careful, you cannot claim to want results with just one tea consumption, you must have a healthy lifestyle alongside a good diet.
Are there other benefits of green tea?
Like I told you, green tea is not just a fat burner. Its daily consumption could bring you beneficial effects on health. Again, this the Chinese and Japanese have known for thousands of years. In the West, more and more studies are being carried out to better understand the origin of the many benefits of green tea fat burner.
- Possible Antioxidant Benefits and Cancer Benefits
One of the best-known virtues after the slimming effect is its antioxidant power. Green tea is rich in tannin as well as vitamin C, so it would be an ally for a detox cure. Its antioxidant action also allows it to fight against free radicals and makes it an anti-cancer .
It would have a particular impact on three types of cancer: breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer
- Possible improvement in stress
In addition, some studies have shown that green tea fat burner is also an anti-stress. According to a Japanese study, tea consumers have 20% less risk of suffering from stress. In addition, this same study showed that green tea decreases the risk of depression by nearly 45%.
- Possible protection for the brain against aging
Green tea could help improve brain function and protect your brain from aging.
The two neurodegenerative diseases are Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease .
Several studies show that the impact of catechin can have a protective effect on neurons reducing the risk of dementias
- Possible impact on oral hygiene
Thanks to its composition and its catechin, tea could suppress the growth of bacteria and thus reduce infections .
Studies have often proven the effectiveness of catechin in the development of bacteria, but it is important to study the direct impact of tea in our diet to prove this. However, studies have analyzed the benefits of tea on the breath .
- Possible prevention for type 2 diabetes
Diabetes is a disease that affects more and more people around the world and continues to increase .
Here are some studies that have analyzed the impact of tea on diabetes:
- Green tea may improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar, according to study
- Japanese study found that green tea users had an approximately 42% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- A review of 7 studies involving 286,701 people found that tea drinkers had an 18% lower risk of diabetes .
- Possible prevention for cardiovascular disease
These diseases are the leading cause of death in the world .
Green tea may improve cholesterol levels and therefore improve one of the main risk factors for these diseases .
By improving the antioxidant capacity of the blood, green tea protects particles from oxidation .
People who drink green tea have up to a 31% lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease .
Overall, green tea contributes to the well-being of your body and thus helps you lose weight. Metabolism is a very susceptible mechanism, the functioning of which is easily impaired by high stress levels, poor faith or even water retention.
What are the possible risks and side effects?
When you consume tea, you must be careful to take quality tea because a low-end tea can have and contain pesticides in its composition but also a significant amount of mineral oils.
You should also know that Japanese green tea which is roasted by steam is better tolerated than Chinese or Indian green tea which is roasted in metal tanks. The origin of your tea is important to know whether or not its consumption could have adverse effects on your health.
Knowing that tea is made up of caffeine, its consumption will not be recommended for everyone. It should be noted that for pregnant and breastfeeding women it is important to watch out for the toxins present in the tea, you should also be careful if you have a specific stomach disease.
Green tea contains catechins which reduce the absorption of iron by the body which can affect people with low iron levels in their body (children, pregnant women).
How to prepare fat burner green tea properly?
You can consume it daily since it produces few side effects. Of course, don’t make it your one and only drink, either. As you probably know, the most common way to consume tea leaf is by infusion. But to enjoy all of its benefits, it’s not just a matter of putting a sachet in hot water. Indeed, with the right method, you increase its slimming powers.
To begin with, the water should not be over 70 ° C so as not to burn the active ingredients contained in the tea leaves.
- Then you should let your sachet (or ideally dry leaves) steep for at least 2 minutes.
- The longer you let your tea steep, the more concentrated it will be in catechins and caffeine. Which will increase its power as a fat burner tea. However you also increase the presence of tannins and its taste also becomes harsher. To soften it by avoiding consuming sugar, you can add a little honey or even stevia.
During the summer, you can make yourself an iced fat burner green tea or a fat burner smoothie. The change in temperature does not alter the fat burning power of green tea. On the contrary, know that the consumption of frozen drinks has a boost effect on your body which accelerates the functioning of your metabolism.
Is there a better type of fat burner green tea?
This is a tough question. There are over 1500 different kinds of green tea.
“For the record, in ancient China there were more than 8000 kinds of green tea”
Fortunately, all of these types of green tea have roughly the same benefits and therefore the same fat burning powers. In other words, it will depend on your personal taste. Be careful, however, to choose a quality tea, you can choose a tea according to your personal tastes but the quality must be checked. This is because some of the lower quality brands may contain excessive amounts of fluoride .
However, as you may know, there are two ways to make fat burner green tea. There is the Chinese method and the Japanese method. Japanese green tea undergoes a steam drying process, it is long and delicate. The Chinese do the opposite, they heat it quickly to high temperature. In order for your fat-burner green tea to contain all the desired benefits, I therefore advise you to choose Japanese tea if possible, the process of which allows its properties to be better preserved.
Finally, be aware that you can also find green tea fat burner in capsules. Unless you really don’t like the taste, I wouldn’t recommend consuming it in this form. Indeed, one of the benefits of tea is to keep you properly hydrated and increase the amount of urine. With the capsule, you therefore reduce its detoxifying effect. Plus, contrary to what you might think, fat burner green tea capsules don’t necessarily sound more concentrated than a cup.
How to optimize the powers of green tea fat burner?
You will understand that green tea is a fat burner, but that doesn’t mean it will work wonders. If you want to lose weight fast and in a sustainable way, a few small changes in your lifestyle could increase these powers tenfold.
- Play sports. At the risk of disappointing you, there is unfortunately no secret: to lose weight over the long term, you need to increase your calorie expenditure. In other words, we must move. If you are not an athlete at heart, know that walking is one of the most beneficial sports practices for your health. Download an app that will count your steps, set daily goals and you will be surprised to see your calorie expenditure increase.
- Eat a balanced diet. I think that on this side there, I do not teach you anything new either. Green tea, a fat burner, will not compensate for a diet that is too high in calories.
- Enjoy the benefits of other fat burning herbs too. There are plenty more out there and you can add them to your fat burner green tea infusion. You can for example add ginger, mint or even lemon.
- Combine its action with that of a fat burner food supplement. Indeed there are many plant or fruit products such as African Mango which allow you to lose weight quickly.